Tuesday, December 31, 2013

The Year 2014


I am actually pretty excited for this year! I have decided that this year is going to be my year... Yes, I know it is a little cliche and everyone at this time of year is saying about the same thing but my goal is to make this year mine! So, of course, I have some New Year's Resolution. But John and I also have some resolutions together!

John and I's Resolutions

~ Be better at Saving Money.... Considering I seem to be really bad with cars in the last four months, we need to be better at having a rainy day fund. So our goal is to at least have enough in savings to get new tires (which seems to happen a lot to me) or enough to cover the rent for a month.


~ Spend 2 hours three times a week with just each other.... With our crazy 40 hour work schedules, different work times and John commuting to Idaho Falls, we don't get to spend a whole lot of time with each other. Our goal is to make time for together time.


~ Make a better Habit of Scripture Study... We want to be better at this. Marion G. Romney stated "There is another reason why we should read the Book of Mormon: By doing so we will fill and refresh our minds with a constant flow of that “water” which Jesus said would be in us “a well of water springing up into everlasting life” (John 4:14). We must obtain a continuing supply of this water if we are to resist evil and retain the blessings of being born again."



~ To work on the Chores together. Partly because of our work schedule, we are not very organized on the chores around the house. We have tried a chore chart and assigning chores but they have never worked. So new method, we assigned chores to certain days and we are going to try our best to get them done together. 

My Self Resolutions


~ Lose at least forty pounds... Some of you may say that's an unreasonable goal but in my mind it's not. I am not saying it needs to be lost in three month or even six. It's my resolution for the year 2014 to lose at least 40 if not more during the course of the year.


~ To stress less... This is going to be harder to do. And it may affect some of you. I am going to have to say no to things asked of me more often. I need to be able to focus my attention on my husband and myself before others. This last week has made me finally decide this plus stress isn't healthy anyways.

My Motto for the year is:


Do you have any resolutions for 2014?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you!!